Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Septa Sign Saga

Ah, more Septa Stories. I was in my usual spot in Market East last night. I was taking a different line (the R5) so I had to actually check the monitors for the time. [I usually just walk on by.]

Huh, I thought to myself. They are still in "R" order - that is, while the list starts with the Airport line, that's 'cuz it used to be the R1. The last one in the row? The old R8. Fox Chase.

I had a little bit of time so I thought I'd check out the monitors closer to the tracks. Same order. WIth those new Blue-Grey signs over them, looking pretty secure.

Meanwhile, the schedules in their dispaly unit are in perfect Alphabetical Order. [And, I misspoke in a previous post: you CAN see the list of station stops on the front of the schedules while they are in their display; you just can't read them very well since they're small.]


Oh, and the station signs now being posted around are also in The Old Order. Here's one of them now [photo left], in Suburban Station. At least the three Center City stations seem to be keeping things consistent!


This all seems, to me anyway, to make it even MORE confusing for those "tourists and new passengers" that ride the regional rails.

No comments: